Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What Armagnac should I try first?

I've tasted a couple cognacs and I actually like Martell XO quite a bit, probably because it's lighter and easier. I wanted to try some Armagnac but I don't know where to start. Bevmo has Cles des Ducs VSOP Armagnac, Cerbois Bas Armagnac XO, Dartigalongue Xo Bas Armagnac, Les Domaines Grassa Reserve Armagnac, Marquis Roquebrune Armagnac VS. I know a few fine liquor stores to check too. My budget is $100 (preferably much less than that for my first armagnac)





Also, I just saw some cheapass cognacs on BevMo, any info on these? Gautier Cognac XO $50, Planat Cognac XO $40|||Cles des Ducs VSOP Armagnac:


Armagnac imported from France. Armagnac is the oldest eau de vie (brandy made from fruit) in the world. Cles des Ducs, French for The Keys of the Dukes is distilled more slowly than other French Brandies and cognacs for a fruitier, more fragrant and flavorful product. An exceptionally easy Armagnac to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment