Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Should I accept this proposed fantasy basketball trade?

I'd get:


G Allen Iverson (PHI)


G Stephen Curry (GS)


SF Martell Webster (POR)





But I'd have to give up:


PG Baron Davis (LAC)





Should I accept this trade or not?|||It really depends if it is shallow league or deep league. You should immediately reject it if you are involve in 12team league since there are more players in the free agent that is much better than those two. However if you are in a 18 or 20 team league like me. Things will be much different, since the efficiency of your team will depend on how many 30-70% owned you have and not on All-star players. If you will just drop bench players (less than 5% owned) I think you should consider this trade since it will give you a much more deep team..|||Definately not! For two reasons:





A. Baron Davis is the best player involved in the trade (16 pts / 8 ast / 2+ stl) --- which YOU would be giving up. None of the three offered players are even close to the impact of Davis.





B. Additionally, you'd have to cut two players to re-balance your roster limit.





Reject the trade.|||Nope. A.I. is limited in his minutes played this season. Stephen Curry is a rookie still trying to find his game. Even though he's avg nearly 2/spg and 2/3PTM he's not consistent enough as a scorer to rely on him as your starting point.( I know, i have on him on 1 of my teams, good enough to keep but not really trade bait.) Martell Webster is a wing/swing-man, period. He will have his good games in scoring but that's all he is going to give you consistently. He has his off nights and that is a concern statistically. I just picked him up (dropped Tay Prince) and even though he can scorer 14-15 ppg, he really doesn't fill up the box scores except with maybe a few rebounds.|||No keep Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment